Terms and Conditions
Tennis Life Media, reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Agreement from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material way, we will update the ‘last updated’ date at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of the Services after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Services.
- USE OF OUR SERVICE
- Eligibility. Because we respect the rights of children and parents, you may use the Tennis Life Media Service only if you can form a binding contract with Tennis Life Media, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. The Service is provided for your personal, noncommercial use only. You may not use the Service for any commercial purposes.
- Your responsibility for your account: You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on or through your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Tennis.life immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Tennis.life will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, and you shall be solely liable for the losses of Tennis.life or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Groups. Tennis.life may allow Users to create or join groups on the Service in order to share articles and other content, and to send SMS text messages to other Group members (a “Group”). If you are added to a Group by a User, you may be sent an SMS text message with a unique hyperlink to directly access your Group’s page. Anyone with access to this unique hyperlink will be able access your group on the Service using your name, and so you agree to keep the Group’s page hyperlink secure. You can remove yourself from a Group by following the instructions on the Service. For more information, see the “Tennis.life SMS Campaigns; Group Messaging on the Service” section below.
- Your interaction with other Users. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Tennis.life will have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction. Please be good to one another.
- Changes to the Service. Here at Tennis.life, we’re always innovating and finding ways to provide our Users with new and innovative features and services. Therefore, Tennis.life may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- ACCEPTABLE USE OF THE TENNIS.LIFE SERVICE
We think Tennis.life provides Users with an amazing platform to discover sports content, and discuss and share that content with others. To keep Tennis.life running smoothly for all of our Users, you agree that you will use the Service only in a manner consistent with the Tennis.life Acceptable Use Policy.
- SHARING YOUR CONTENT
- Your content. Tennis.life allows you to post content on the Service, including comments, photos, blog posts, messages, blog URLs, and other materials. Any content a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) therein, is referred to as “User Content.”
- How Tennis.life and other Users can use your content. Unless you have entered into a separate assignment agreement with Tennis.life, you own all of the User Content that you post or publish (“post”) on the Service. Subject to your profile and application settings, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, reproduce, sell, offer to sell, translate, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and make derivative works of your User Content on the Service and in all forms and media now or hereafter known for the purposes of operating and providing the Service to you and our Users. Nothing in this Agreement shall restrict Tennis.life’s rights under any separate content assignment agreements and/or license agreements.
- Your responsibility for your content. By uploading, posting, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing User Content, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in your User Content and that any User Content you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) or rights of publicity or privacy. Tennis.life reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates these provisions. Tennis.life takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. Tennis.life is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that Tennis.life shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
- Definition of Intellectual Property Rights. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
- User Content Programs. We may provide various opportunities and programs relating to User Content on the Service (“User Content Programs”). Some User Content Programs may require you to submit an application to participate, which Tennis.life may approve or deny in its sole discretion. Your use of the Service, including without limitation participation in any User Content Program, is strictly on a volunteer basis for the benefit of you and the public at large, and does not form an employer-employee relationship, partnership, or co-authorship between you and Tennis.life. While Tennis.life may reward you for your participation in a User Content Program, you will not receive any compensation of any type for your participation, and you acknowledge that you are participating in the program solely for your own personal benefit and desire to contribute to the program. You acknowledge and agree that Tennis.life does not have the right to and shall not control the manner and method in which you may create your User Content. Any suggestions Tennis.life may make about your User Content are only suggestions, based on our understanding of how Users typically access Content and use the Service. You are not required to implement any suggestion made by Tennis.life regarding your User Content or to perform any requested activity or task, and you do so at your own volition and risk. You agree that you are the sole author of your User Content, and that Tennis.life does not participate in the creation of any of your User Content.
- OUR CONTENT
- Tennis.life Content. Except for User Content, the Service, and all Intellectual Property Rights therein and related thereto, are the exclusive property of Tennis.life and its licensors (“Tennis.life Content”). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license to the Tennis.life Content, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from the Tennis.life Content, including without limitation any materials or content accessible on the Service. “Tennis.life,” “Tennis Life Media,” “Player’s Box,” “Tennis.life” and other Tennis.life graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Tennis.life protected by the laws of the United States and/or other countries or jurisdictions. Tennis.life’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Use of the Tennis.life Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Our license to you. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Tennis.life provides you with a license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as expressly permitted by the features of the Service. Tennis.life may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Feedback you provide. We value input from our Users, and are always interested in learning of ways we can make Tennis.life better. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments, ideas or feedback about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Tennis.life under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Feedback on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Tennis.life does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Tennis.life, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- TENNIS.LIFE SMS CAMPAIGNS; GROUP MESSAGING ON THE SERVICE
- Tennis.life SMS Campaigns. The SMS text message campaign terms below govern the provision and delivery of text messages by us to you:
Your electronic agreement to receive text messages; E-sign disclosure
By agreeing to receive text messages, you also consent to the use of an electronic record to document your agreement. To stop receiving text messages from our text message program, simply text STOP to the short code provided in the text messages that you no longer wish to receive. To view and retain a copy of this disclosure or any information regarding your enrollment in this program, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or mobile phone) with a web browser and Internet access, and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device.
What rules apply?
What are Tennis.life text message programs?
Consistent with applicable law, appropriately aged visitors may from time to time have the opportunity to register for special programs, promotions, services, and information delivered via text messaging and/or wireless devices to users who expressly agree to receive such messages.
Does it cost anything to receive texts from a Tennis.life text message program? We will not charge you to create or deliver the text messages that are part of any of our text message programs unless otherwise noted at the point where you sign up for the program; however, depending on your plan with your wireless or other applicable provider, you may be charged by your carrier or other applicable provider. Thus, your provider’s standard message and data rates may apply. Your consent to receive texts from us is not in any way required as a condition of purchasing property, goods or services from us.
Who can receive texts?
What if I don’t want to receive any more texts from a Tennis.life text message program?
To stop receiving text messages from a specific Tennis.life text message program, simply text STOP to the short code provided by us in the text message program texts that you no longer wish to receive. After doing so, you will receive confirmation of your opt-out via text. If you have signed up for more than one (1) of our text message programs you will need to text STOP to the short code provided in the texts for each text message program from which you wish to no longer receive texts.
What if I want more info?
To request more info, simply text HELP to the short code provided in the texts related the specific Tennis.life text message program you have questions about.
How many text messages will I receive?
The number of texts you receive from us may vary significantly, depending in part on the specific text message program you sign up for.
Who are the participating carriers?
Content may not be available on all carriers and carrier participation could change. You may consult with your carrier to see if it participates. The content is not compatible with all cell phone models. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or changes to the participating carriers as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your carrier with active participation at that time.
How are the text messages sent?
We or our vendor who sends the texts may use auto dialer or non-auto dialer technology to send the text messages described above to the mobile phone number you supply when you request to receive the texts.
What are your privacy practices?
Will these terms change?
We reserve the right to modify these SMS text message terms, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions, or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your receipt of texts after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions, or deletions.
- Group Messaging on the Service. Tennis.life may allow you to send SMS text messages through our Service to other Users or to third parties when you add members to a Group on the Service or when you share an article or other content with members of a Group. Tennis.life may send administrative SMS text messages to you and to the recipients of your Messages in connection with your Group messages, including instructions on how to stop receiving such Group messages. You must obtain express consent from any non-Users before adding them to your Group (thereby sending them a message). Tennis.life is not responsible for any SMS text messages sent to non-Users when you add those non-Users to your Group or share articles and other content with members of your Group. While Tennis.life does not charge a fee for sending or receiving Group messages through the Service, standard text messaging rates may apply, and you acknowledge and agree that you shall be solely responsible for all such fees.
- Removing Yourself From a Message Group. To remove yourself from a Group, please follow the instructions provided via the Group messaging portion of the Service.
- TENNIS.LIFE’S COPYRIGHT POLICY
Tennis.life requires that Users of the Service respect the copyright and other intellectual property rights of all third parties. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), Tennis.life will terminate, where warranted as determined in Tennis.life’s sole discretion, Users whom Tennis.life believes are intentional and/or repeat infringers.
If you believe that your copyright in any material has been infringed on the Service, please send a “DMCA Notice” described below to Tennis.life’s DMCA Agent. For your DMCA Notice to be valid under the law, you must provide the following information in writing:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identification of the material that you claim is infringing, with sufficient detail so that Tennis.life may readily locate it.
- Information sufficient to permit Tennis.life to contact you such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement declaring that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the copyright interest allegedly infringed or you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner.
- The physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright interest allegedly infringed.
The DMCA Notice must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Agent
Tennis Life Media, LLC / Tennis.life
5680 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Phone: (954) 210-3264
- MOBILE SOFTWARE
- Our Mobile Software (mobile apps). We make available mobile applications and other software for mobile devices (“Mobile Software”) to access the Service via a mobile device. To use the Mobile Software you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Software. Tennis.life does not warrant that the Mobile Software will be compatible with your mobile device. Tennis.life hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Software for one Tennis.life account on one or more mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Software, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Software to any third party or use the Mobile Software to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Software; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Software, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Software, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Software; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Software. You acknowledge that Tennis.life may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Software, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Software that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Software or any copy thereof, and Tennis.life or its third party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Software (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. Tennis.life reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement. If the Mobile Software is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies: Use, duplication, or disclosure of the Mobile Software by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in this Agreement and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988), FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable. The Mobile Software originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The Mobile Software may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the Mobile Software may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the Mobile Software and the Service. Standard carrier data charges may apply to your use of our Mobile Software.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tennis.life, its parents, subsidiaries, agents, affiliates, customers, vendors, officers and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees and cost) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account or Tennis.life User ID.
- NO WARRANTY
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TENNIS.LIFE, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT, THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE.
TENNIS.LIFE DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE TENNIS.LIFE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND TENNIS.LIFE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS, SITES AND SERVICES
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TENNIS.LIFE, IT’S PARENT, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT THEREON FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), EVEN IF TENNIS.LIFE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL TENNIS.LIFE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
The Service is controlled from its facilities in the United States. Tennis.life makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
- TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND THE SERVICE
Tennis.life may terminate or suspend the Service in whole or in part and/or your Tennis.life account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the Service will immediately cease.
If you wish to terminate your Tennis.life account, you may discontinue using the Service by sending an email message to [email protected] with the words “Terminate account” in the subject field, or by sending mail to the following postal address:
Tennis Life Media, LLC. / Tennis.life
5680 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1800
Los Angeles, CA 90036
All provisions of this Agreement, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state or federal court located in Los Angeles, California for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as further set forth in the Arbitration provision below.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
(i) We and you agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions.
(ii) In the event of a dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Service, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Service, we or you must give the other notice of the dispute, claim, or controversy which notice will include a brief written statement that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving it, the facts giving rise to the dispute, claim, or controversy, and the relief requested. You must send any such notice to us by email to [email protected] AND by U.S. Mail to 5680 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attn: Legal Department for Tennis Life Media / Tennis.life. To the extent that we have your contact information, we will send any such notice to you by U.S. Mail or to your email address. We and you will attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy through informal negotiation within thirty (30) days from the date that any notice of dispute, claim, or controversy is sent. We and you shall use reasonable, good faith, efforts to settle any dispute, claim, or controversy through consultation and good faith negotiations. After thirty (30) days, we or you may resort to the other alternatives described in this Section 15(b). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the notice and thirty (30)-day negotiation period required by this Section 15(b) shall not apply, however, to disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, trade secrets, and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Service.
(iii) Except as otherwise specifically set forth below, any dispute, claim, or controversy of any kind between us and you arising under this Agreement or in connection with your access to, and/or use of the Service, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Service, if unresolved through informal discussions within thirty (30) days of receipt of notice, shall be resolved by binding arbitration to be held in the state in which you reside. Notwithstanding the foregoing, disputes, claims, or controversies concerning patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, trade secrets, and claims of piracy or unauthorized use of the Service shall not be subject to arbitration.
(iv) For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in Los Angeles, California, United States of America, and we and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any state or federal court in Los Angeles, California to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
(v) The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator, governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this Agreement, and administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and fee information are available at “http://www.adr.org,” or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
(vi) We shall bear the cost of any arbitration filing fees and arbitration fees for claims of up to Seventy-Five Thousand Dollars ($75,000), unless the arbitrator finds the arbitration to be frivolous. You are responsible for all other additional costs that you may incur in the arbitration including, but not limited to attorney’s fees and expert witness costs unless we are otherwise specifically required to pay such fees under applicable law. For claims that total more than Seventy-Five Thousand Dollars ($75,000), the AAA Rules will govern payment of filing fees and arbitration fees. The decision of the arbitrator will be in writing and binding and conclusive on us and you, and judgment to enforce the decision may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. We and you agree that dispositive motions, including without limitation, motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment will be allowed in the arbitration. The arbitrator must follow this Agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court, including injunctive or other equitable relief and attorney’s fees. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we and you agree not to seek any attorney’s fees and expert witness costs unless the arbitrator finds that a claim or defense was frivolous or asserted for an improper purpose. We and you understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, we and you would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. We and you further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
(vii) If your claim is solely for monetary relief of Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000) or less, and does not include a request for any type of equitable remedy, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing under the AAA Rules.
(viii) You may choose to pursue your claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over us and you otherwise qualifies for such small claims court and where your claim does not include a request for any type of equitable relief.
(ix) You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by these arbitration provisions by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following address: 5680 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attn: Legal Department for Tennis Life Media / Tennis.life, AND, the following Email address: [email protected]. The notice must be sent within the later of thirty (30) days of your first use of the Services or within thirty (30) days of changes to this section being announced on the Services, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate any disputes, claims, or controversies in accordance with the terms of this Section 15(b). If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them. If you do not affirmatively elect to opt out as described above, your use of the Services will be deemed to be your irrevocable acceptance of this Agreement and any changes/updates to this Section 15(b) or otherwise.
(x) If any clause within these arbitration provisions is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that specific clause will be severed from these arbitration provisions, and the remainder of the arbitration provisions will be given full force and effect. In the event some or all of these arbitration provisions are determined to be unenforceable for any reason, or if a claim, dispute, or controversy is brought that is found by a court to be excluded from the scope of these arbitration provisions, we and you agree to waive, to the fullest extent allowed by law, any trial by jury.
(xi) The terms of these arbitration provisions will apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or subsidiary company of Tennis.life and/or Tennis Life Media, LLC. to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Service, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Service.
- Class Action Waiver
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
(i) We and you agree that we and you will resolve any disputes, claims, or controversies on an individual basis, and that any claims brought under this Agreement in connection with the Service will be brought in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding. We and you further agree that we and you shall not participate in any consolidated, class, or representative proceeding (existing or future) brought by any third party arising under this Agreement in connection with the Service.
(ii) If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this section is void or unenforceable for any reason or that arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the disputes, claims, or controversies will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in Los Angeles, California.
(iii) The terms of this Section 16(c) will apply to any claims asserted by you against any present or future parent or subsidiary company of Tennis.life and/or Tennis Life Media LLC. to the extent that any such claims arise out of your access to, and/or use of the Service, and/or the provision of content, services, and/or technology on or through the Service.
- MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
- No Agency; Waiver. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Tennis.life in any respect whatsoever. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Notification. Tennis.life may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for other business purposes, to you via email notice, “push” notification on your mobile device, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on the Service, as determined by Tennis.life in our sole discretion. Tennis.life reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. Tennis.life is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. We recommend that you add [email protected] to your email address book to help ensure you receive email notifications from us.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with Tennis.life in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Tennis.life concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Assignment. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Tennis.life’s prior written consent. Tennis.life may transfer, assign or delegate this Agreement and its rights and obligations without consent.
- Contact. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions regarding this Agreement.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
US Open 2017 Contest (“Contest”) will be held from 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 22, 2017 through 11:59 a.m. ET on August 13, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
1.ELIGIBILITY: OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS RESIDING IN THE CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. OPEN TO LEGAL CANADIAN RESIDENTS RESIDING WITHIN THE PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES THROUGHOUT THE PROMOTION PERIOD WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. or Canadian residency if requested by Sponsor to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees, officers and directors of Tennis Life Media, LLC (the “Sponsor“), and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, content partners, ad sales systems, participating local advertisers, advertising and promotion agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, parents and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live), or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter or win. VOID OUTSIDE THE DESIGNATED STATES, PROVINCES OR TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, enter online at www.tennis.life/sweepstake-usopen by joining as a member with all required information and submitting as instructed. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 a.m. ET on August 13, 2017 in order to be eligible. Additional Entries received from a person or email address or household after the first entries received from that person or email address will be attributed to the registered owner. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” means the natural person who was assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or about August 13, 2017 a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received to award two Grand Prizes (as described below) Potential winners will be notified by telephone, postal mail, email and/or express mail, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, unless prohibited by law, publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance. Inability to contact potential winners within three days, the return of prize notification as undeliverable, the failure to return required documents within the time period specified, the Winner’s failure to communicate with sponsor to plan the trip in a timely fashion as determined by Sponsor, or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in the prizes being forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, prizes may be awarded to alternate winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree [a] to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, Grand Slam Tennis Tours and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, participating local ad sales systems, participating local advertisers, advertising and promotion agencies and promotional suppliers, and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, copyright, trademark, defamation or invasion of privacy; and, [c] to the use of their name, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, address (city and state only) and/or photograph on a worldwide basis in perpetuity and in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, permission or notification (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. If winner is 18 or older but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein and must accompany such winner on trip as his/her guest. Promotion Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, damage to participant’s’ systems due to entry in the Contest, server malfunction or by any human error or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Contest-related materials; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or telephone transmissions or telephonic communications; [c] lost, late, garbled, inaccurate, misdirected, damaged, delayed, undeliverable or incomplete entries; or [d] any condition that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest should fraud, misconduct, technical failure, viruses, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prize via a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or who disrupts the administration of this Contest, who intends to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor representative or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and void all associated entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and entry information become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All applicable federal, state and local regulations apply. Entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized website address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any individual who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Use of script, macro or any device to automate entry is prohibited and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. No other substitution or transfer is permitted.
By accepting the prize, Winners (and Guests) agree to hold Tennis Life Media and Grand Slam Tennis Tours and each of their affiliates, parent, subsidiaries and employees harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the use of the prize or any other participation in this Contest. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or redemption or use or misuse of any prize. All prizes are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind.
- ENTRY INFORMATION: Please note that by entering this Contest and by checking the “Join” (as applicable), you are signifying your consent to receiving other mailings from Tennis Life Media, participating Contest providers (as applicable) and their promotional partners, with whom they may choose to share your information. Consenting to receive such mailings is optional, does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Contest and does not improve your chances of winning.
- PRIZES: There will be a Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) awarded for two. Grand Prize winner (“Winner”) will receive a Trip for two (Winner, and “Guest”) to New York, New York including the following:
- Round-trip economy class airfare for two from a major gateway in the 48 contiguous United States or 10 Provinces and 3 Territories in Canada to JKF Airport, New York
- 4 days, 3 nights hotel accommodations for two at (double occupancy) JW Marriott Essex House, NYC
- Arrive Friday, Sep 1, evening Welcome Dinner featuring past champions
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday Day, US Open courtside seats
- Sunday Night Session, US Open courtside seats
- Official US Open transportation between the luxury hotel and the US Open
- Commemorative Gift
- Sunday, Tennis Hall of Fame Tennis VIP Luncheon
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $10,500.00. If Grand Prize Winner(s) elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Grand Prize Winner and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Similarly, if Grand Prize Winner(s) and/or Guest elect to not partake in any portions of his/her Prize, that portion of Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Winner must be at least eighteen years (18) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed during the dates specified from the start to end-date of the promotion or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability and black-out periods. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.), are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time.
Grand Prize Package has no cash equivalent and may not be redeemed for cash. Grand Prize winner(s) will receive a 1099 tax form from the Sponsor for the actual retail value of the prize.
*If Winner(s) resides within a 100 mile radius of New York, NY round-trip ground transportation to/from hotel may be provided in lieu of air transportation portion of prize package, at the discretion of Sponsor. No compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value, if any.
- WINNER NAMES: For the name of Winner (available after August 13, 2017) mail a hand-written request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tennis Life Media, LLC Attn: US Open Promotions, 5670 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90036, for receipt by September 15, 2017.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Tennis Life Media, LLC Attn: US Open Promotions, 5670 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90036. Neither Grand Slam Tennis Tours nor any affiliates or subsidiaries thereof are sponsors of this Contest.
- ADMINISTRATOR: This Contest is being administered by Tennis Life Media, LLC Attn: US Open Promotions, 5670 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- PRIZE PROVIDERS: Grand Slam Tennis Tours, 145 S Main St, Stowe, VT 05672