No Wimbledon for Nasty Nastase


Ilie Nastase won’t be able to show off his military splendor in Wimbledon’s Royal Box this year.

All England Club chairman Philip Brook said the 70-year-old won’t receive his annual, exclusive invitation. Nastase’s crude behaviour during Romania’s Fed Cup last month came against the Great Britain’s squad. 


If he tries to get in anyway – as he did in Constanta after he was kicked out – even with a ticket, he also may be out of luck. He “could be stopped at the gate”, AELTC chief executive Richard Lewis said.

Recommended Stories

Doubles guru Gigi Fernandez shares her passion

Contest winners enjoy the NY experience

IMG Academy: Still groundbreaking after all these years

WTA Rankings Report – March 19, 2018

ATP Rankings Report – March 19, 2018

Draw gods cruel as Osaka gets Serena in Miami

Del Potro edges Federer in a desert thriller

Federer vs. del Potro in Indian Wells final

Raonic, the No. 32 seed, makes Indian Wells semis

Marion Bartoli delays return

Ostapenko meets Iron Mike

Lacoste Djokovic line adds sunglasses